UPDATE A3: Modpack

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Pte Cage

Pte Cage
  • Reserves
  • 4236 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:06 PM

Our modpack has been updated; please update now.

Please be aware that this is a large update.

The following changes have been made:

Added:
  • @16aa_thirdparty - mod folder that contains a collection of mods that were previously part of @16aa but not developed in house. Added opfor project.
  • @cobalt - campaign mod folder
Updated:
  • @16aa
  • @cba_a3, updated to version 3.2.1. changelog
  • @ace. updated to version 3.9.1. changelog
  • @acre. updated to version 2.4.1. changelog
  • @rhsafrf. updated to version 0.4.2.1. changelog
  • @rhsusaf. updated to version 0.4.2.1. changelog
  • update teamspeak to version 3.1.3
  • switched camera to forced third person for increased fov
Removed:
  • CUP units, CUP weapons, CUP vehicles
  • first person camera
Note:
  • Don't forget to defrag your system afterwards (unless you have an SSD, where this isn't required)
  • Please report any issues in the technical issues forum
-------

Click here to view the article

Edited by Pte Blanthorn, 02 April 2017 - 08:11 AM.
April fools - thanks for playing along!

#2 Pte Morris

Pte Morris
  • Reserves
  • 4030 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:18 PM

Changelog for @16AA

Added: Cobra helmets
Added: Virtus bodyarmour
Added: Virtus webbing
Added: new tactical glasses
Added: filthy MTP uniforms ('16aa_washingmachine' has been broken by BI update)
Added: additional boonie hat variants
Added: HLS panels (health concerns about the amount of smoke on HLS')
Added: Deployable 117 Radio with SATCOM Antenna (not fully functional until ACRE add vehicle radios).
Added: MTP gunbag 
Added: some new objects for mission makers (including magazines for Turnbull)
Added: DISTAFF crate (including DPM stuff)

Removed: 16aa chinook
Removed: 16aa Merlin
Removed: 16aa C130J
Removed: 16aa mann trucks
Removed: 16aa opfor
Removed: 16aa civilians
Removed: JS JC FA18
Removed: JS JC SU35
Removed: 16AA Aircraft Improvement mod
Removed: unlocked uniforms
Removed: fir_aws_customcutscene.pbo (nobody ever managed to find out what this actually was - and how it got into the modpack).

Edited by Pte Morris, 31 March 2017 - 11:28 PM.

#3 Lt Millar

Lt Millar
  • 1 Platoon IC
  • 3598 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:45 PM

Lovin dat changelog

#4 LCpl Tuggins

LCpl Tuggins
  • 2/2 Section 2IC
  • 414 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:09 AM

anyway in future that a giant, 9.7 gb modpack update or any planned update  could possibly be pushed out earlier than 1 day before the operation , it really doesn't give any leeway or time to download .

#5 Plt Off Arksey

Plt Off Arksey
  • Joint Helicopter Command
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:26 PM

locked third person? If not maybe leave 1st person in for those who prefer it?

Edited by Pte Blanthorn, 01 April 2017 - 07:14 PM.
removed subversive implications

#6 Pte Wilson

Pte Wilson
  • DISTAFF
  • 7209 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:40 PM

Finally! Thanks Cage! It'll take a bit of getting used to, sure, but the extra spatial awareness gained will more than make up for the /slight/ drop in realism. We should also all see a frame or two increase in FPS due to not running SThud anymore. Win/win I'd say!

#7 Pte Howard

Pte Howard
  • DISTAFF
  • 2164 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands!

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:04 PM

Wait third person? 

#8 Pte Turnbull

Pte Turnbull
  • DISTAFF
  • 3236 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:10 PM

Wait third person?

Yeah, this has been on the cards for a while. It's to make it easier to maintain formations and fight in urban areas.

#9 Sgt Scarle

Sgt Scarle
  • Manoeuvre Support Platoon IC
  • 2711 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

Yeah but why locked. I've learnt to play for 5 years in 1st person. I don't want to play in third.

#10 Pte Morris

Pte Morris
  • Reserves
  • 4030 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

It's to save performance. 1st person has been linked to problems like the 3 FPS bug.

#11 A/LCpl Meadows

A/LCpl Meadows
  • Joint Helicopter Command 2IC
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

Third person gives you the ability to look over walls which is a much needed addition.

#12 Pte Wilson

Pte Wilson
  • DISTAFF
  • 7209 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:30 PM

I know some people are going to take some serious convincing, but since becoming DISTAFF and using Zeus every op, i simply couldn't go back to fpv. Trust me, after a couple Ops you'll wonder how you ever managed.

#13 Maj Emmet

Maj Emmet
  • A Coy OC
  • 5641 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:33 PM

I'll be honest, it was a tough call, but I do find having to have direct line of sight can be a real pain at times. It really interferes with my immersion.

#14 Pte Blanthorn

Pte Blanthorn
  • Reserves
  • 3645 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:35 PM

It'll be a boon to pilots and drivers - they'll be able to see obstacles around them much more easily, meaning fewer crew needed, and, more importantly, fewer crashes. We're a military simulation: this will help us to simulate that all of our players have the finely honed senses one can only normally gain through years and years of training.

#15 Pte Sendall J

Pte Sendall J
  • 1/1 Section
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:42 PM

3rd person, April Fools right???

#16 Pte Morris

Pte Morris
  • Reserves
  • 4030 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:45 PM

I don't know but i'm waiting until tomorrow to make my 'Remove ST Hud?' thread  :P I've used it once (by accident) and I think it just kills 'mersion.. and completely ruins perfectly nice screenshots.

I would say more about it but I think this is a public forum  :D 'I don't have an issue with beards or Texans but......'

Edited by Pte Morris, 01 April 2017 - 08:58 PM.

#17 Pte Riley

Pte Riley
  • Reserves
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:22 PM

This has proper cracked me up. Also https://m.youtube.co...h?v=rYYSb9dIu9I

Edited by Pte Riley, 01 April 2017 - 10:23 PM.

#18 A/Sgt Tebbs

A/Sgt Tebbs
  • 2 Platoon 2IC
  • 335 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:06 AM

anyway in future that a giant, 9.7 gb modpack update or any planned update  could possibly be pushed out earlier than 1 day before the operation , it really doesn't give any leeway or time to download .

Weve busted our balls to deliver fixes new equipment and you know we about to start a new campaign if u didnt expect a biggish update well just sit and have a little think about it!  But gents you have to expect that 3LSR will make changes, sometimes big changes to bring you the best millsim experience as we can. we don't do big updates that often.

#19 LCpl Tuggins

LCpl Tuggins
  • 2/2 Section 2IC
  • 414 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:40 AM

Weve busted our balls to deliver fixes new equipment and you know we about to start a new campaign if u didnt expect a biggish update well just sit and have a little think about it!  But gents you have to expect that 3LSR will make changes, sometimes big changes to bring you the best millsim experience as we can. we don't do big updates that often.

i know you guys have worked hard and the stuff looks really awesome. 

I did expect and update big i thought it would have been a map and some extra stuff [not the whole RHS Update]

I do expect big changes which is why 3LSR rocks

Mod pack doesn't usually have big updates is completely true.

All i said was maybe to ensure that everyone can play and hasn't got any excuse. That a big mod update that is planned could maybe be released a bit earlier, especially with arma 3 sync being arma 3 sync. Im not disregarding anyone's work or effort so please dont feel hurt or upset, all i am saying is that even 1 extra day to download the mod pack would have been really nice, and to quote what i said "anyway in future" i was simple making a suggestion for future mod pack updates thats all. 

Edited by A/LCpl Tuggins, 02 April 2017 - 01:57 AM.

#20 Pte Morris

Pte Morris
  • Reserves
  • 4030 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:12 AM

why is everyone so goddam touchy . i didnt say shit about anyone's work or there performace ,, all i was ****** sayed was A. an extra day would would of been nice for people who have very bad internet, i didnt know this was going to cause a goddam shit show. i even said the stuff looks really nice . 

Nobody's touchy mate :P Like I said in the other thread - I completely understand the concerns with updates at short notice. (it's one of the reasons I wrote the post explaining the situation). It's never ideal - but sometimes it's better to do a big update than do nothing at all.

I think it's absolutely right that you guys highlight any concerns as well. Just because people do significant amounts of work for free, it shouldn't give them the right for their actions/decisions to be immune from scrutiny.. or just do whatever they want without thinking about the wider community. My honest opinion - 48 hours for that download is not ideal but just about acceptable. Less than 24 hours notice would've been taking the piss.

Edited by Pte Morris, 02 April 2017 - 02:13 AM.