|Structure:||A Coy / 613 TACP|
|FAC IC:||Cpl Hope||[K-1-2-A]|
|FAC 2IC:||LCpl Wurlitzer||[K-1-2-B]|
613 TACP or "Tactical Air Control Party" is a small unit of men attached to the 16AA from the RAF Regiment. Their role is to effectively organise all forms of Airborne Transport (including CASEVAC/MEDEVAC), Logistics and Close Air Support.
The unit consists of four Forward Air Controllers, each with a designated responsibility, generally working in pairs on specific taskings. One pair working on Logistics, organising and managing the Logistics taskings between ground forces and 656 SQN 1FLIGHT, the other pair managing Close Air Support taskings.
Each pair has numerous responsibilities that fall under the two categories.
- Troop Insertion/Reinsertion and Extraction
- Ammunition Resupply
- Vehicle Lifting and Insertion/Extraction
Close Air Support
- ISTAR (Intelligence, Surveilance, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance)
- Target Designation for Precision Guided Bombing or Air-To-Ground Missile strikes
- Processing and handling of requests for Close Air Support on Enemy Infantry and Armoured targets via Rotary Wing Assets (AH-64 Apache)